I have been working on linking the blog up to Facebook and running into issues. I’ve been working on a new post which is just not coming together. I took Izzy and two of her friends to a concert the other night and was up way too late. Then last night Amalia couldn’t sleep and I was up with her. I’m really tired, feeling behind in this work. So far turning 44 feels like entering an alternate universe, but I’m pretty sure that’s the lack of sleep talking.
I feel this need to make a list of gratitude:
1. I’m wearing my new birthday shoes which are wonderful.
2. I finished Ann Patchett’s Bel Canto. An incredibly beautiful, lyrical book.
3. On this gorgeous day, I listened to the aria from La Wally over and over in the car on the way home after taking Izzy to school. (I can still hear it.)
4. I almost napped.
5. I beat the smarty pants app at Scrabble this morning.
6. Izzy bought me Junior Mints and M & M’s for breakfast.
7. Scott and Olly are bringing me a sandwich for lunch (and I’m hungry).
8. Gaya is cooking dinner for us tonight.
Maybe I’ll go pick up another of Patchett’s books or get an iPod player thing so I can listen to that aria again really loud while I count all my good blessings. The only thing missing now are the cupcakes….